Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Making A List...

"Enough is enough!" I said. If our back-slapping elected officials aren't going to do anything about this then by golly I am. My career is beyond repair anyway, thanks to outsourcing of *your* personal documents. What do I have to lose?

My first call was to the local newspapers. Fortunately, one investigative reporter called back out of curiosity. It wasn't an easy sell since the term 'ID theft" has become about as common as 'compassion fatigue' in the news. But I gave him just enough local dirt to spark interest.

The list of names and social security numbers I have to hand over reads like a Who's Who of ________ County. (Names will follow...after Friday's interview.) Doctors, lawyers, the police chief, local sheriff, every judge except one, all with maps to their homes and identified by social security number. And all courtesy of our local land registry and their handy website. Maybe this crowd will make enough noise to get something done.

Is your name among The List?

Check out www.FindMyId.com and we'll let you know.

Or, you could just wait for the weekend paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home